Moving house at any time of the year can be stressful but even more so if you’ll be moving in the run-up to Christmas. It isn’t all bad though, just think, come Christmas Day you can relax in your new home and look forward to a great 2017.
To help make your move as smooth as possible, here are our top tips:
1. Start planning early and book your removal company as soon as you can. Write a to do list so you know exactly what you need to do (and by when).
2. Get your Christmas shopping done now and wrap it up. If you can, ask a member of your extended family if you can store them at their house until after the move, giving you one less thing to think about.
3. Packing up your belongings should be a challenge, not an ordeal. Try and get your family to help you recycle and donate as much clutter as you can. Even if you’re moving to a bigger home, you don’t want to take everything with you, seize the opportunity to get rid of things you rarely use and don’t really want.
4. Prepare for the colder weather by getting some de-icing salt in case you need to put some on your driveway on move day. You don’t want to slip over whilst you’re carrying a box of fragile items.
5. Let people know that you’re moving ASAP if you want your Christmas cards to arrive at the right house! Put all your Christmas decorations in one box and clearly label it so it’s easy to find.
6. If you normally cook Christmas dinner for your extended family, why not see if someone else is willing to host this year? Letting someone else cook on the big day could take a huge weight off your shoulders.
Need to book a removal company you can trust?
If you live in the areas around Warrington or Wigan, why not give Alexander-Hough Removals a call on 01925 492000? They’d be happy to help with your move.